What's This All About?

Check out The ABC's of Insecurity and learn more.

What's so great about the Ivy League anyway?

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Toasted Blonde

Me this morning: "It's official.  I don't want to go back to college."

Husband: "Well, that's good because you can't go back to college."

But boy did I try last night.  I was all smiles, sipping Pinot like water, chit chatting.  One of our stops along the way?  Bar -- a famous New Haven haunt.  On the beer menu, I pointed to the first beer and laughed.  

Me, giggling: "Toasted Blonde?  I hope that's not what I am by the end of the night."

Husband: "Me too."

And a couple hours later, things got a tad toasty for this blonde.  Calm down. Not too toasty.  Not old school college toasty.  But still.  Toasty enough that I woke up this morning and said those words I'd honestly never thought I'd utter.  Toasty enough that I've repeated them over and over all day.  I do not want to go back to college.

No.  After watching my brilliant sis don that cap and gown and graduate tomorrow, I want to go back to my girls and my cats and my new utterly boring and far less toasted sensibilities.

1 comment:

  1. We head back to our own weekend back at college on Friday! It's always a bittersweet time to go back and walk the courtyards and see the gothic windows all lit up. I'm not sure I want to go back, but I sure do love Going Back. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. What do you think? Be honest. Be bold. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me about that typo. Tell me I'm splendid. Or tell me I'm spoiled. But if you want your comment to be seen, keep it clean.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter