What's This All About?

Check out The ABC's of Insecurity and learn more.

What's so great about the Ivy League anyway?

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Safe Travels, T!

I just put my youngest sister (and her robust suitcase which thankfully has wheels) into a taxi headed for JFK. She's off to Africa for two weeks to volunteer at a daycare center where she will work with underprivileged kids, aged 0-6. As I waved goodbye, I felt those maternal flutters of fear and pride. Maternal because she is ten years younger than I am and the baby of the family. Fear because she is young and beautiful and headed far, far away and because I worry about almost everything. Pride because she is young and beautiful and has an adventurous spirit and a huge heart. 

Safe travels, T! Keep a journal. Take pictures. Have fun. And if you have any sudden Angelina-esque urges to bring home a cute African tot, try to resist! For at least a year or two. A baby, however precious, will likely interfere with your senior year. As Mom says, love you to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. What do you think? Be honest. Be bold. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me about that typo. Tell me I'm splendid. Or tell me I'm spoiled. But if you want your comment to be seen, keep it clean.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter