What's This All About?

Check out The ABC's of Insecurity and learn more.

What's so great about the Ivy League anyway?

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dear Dad

Dear Dad,

Wherever you're fly-fishing these days, I'm sure there's no Internet access. And if there were, you wouldn't care or know how to use it. So I will keep this short.

I miss you more than I have ever missed anything. Your silly smile. Your dancing mustache. Your irreverent wit. Your tattered khakis. Your lunchpail wisdom. Your bottomless blues. Your tough love. Your bear hugs. Your bird calls. Your voice. Your laugh. Your "Hi, Hi" and "Morn, Morn." Everything.

You should be fishing with us. But, alas, you are in distant waters.

Happy Father's Day, Dad. I miss you deeply and love you madly.

Insecurely and always yours,
Maidy-Bunks Picnic

2 comments:

  1. A,
    After reading your beautiful letter to your father, I went back and read your speech from Dalton about your father back on Earth day. He sounded like a remarkable individual, a person whose life really was well lived. If it isn't too presumptuous of me to say, it seems this virtual observer that you are very much continuing his legacy. Although you said he did not care for blackberries or blogs, it does seem that he cared about making connections beyond the usual petty BS. You are doing exactly that in opening yourself up to the world with your wonderful musings. It sounds as though you and your family are in exactly right place at exactly the right time to honor your father. And I'll venture to say, by pursuing your passions, you honor him every day. What a lucky parent your dad is, to live on through you. We should all be so lucky to achieve this kind of immortality.
    Have a wonderful father's day.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you today as you are missing your dad and Happy Father's Day to B!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. What do you think? Be honest. Be bold. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me about that typo. Tell me I'm splendid. Or tell me I'm spoiled. But if you want your comment to be seen, keep it clean.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter