What's This All About?

Check out The ABC's of Insecurity and learn more.

What's so great about the Ivy League anyway?

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Uh Oh

Talk about insecurity.  What have I done?

Last night (after a day spent obsessively posting arguably tiresome details about my day in the life of a Manhattan County juror), I was kind of (okay, extremely) pumped about this blog thing.  Putting myself out there? How daring! Talking about my hopes and fears and flaws? How adventuresome! And so what did I do? I drafted an email. To friends and family.  (If you are reading this now, you likely received said email).  In this email, I shared the good news about my book and asked people to check out this blog. 

And then I hit send.

Immediately, my heart began to race and suddenly I was thirsty for a towering glass of Pinot Grigio  (Don't you fret, I watched The Hills instead). I clutched my BlackBerry tight, willing it to buzz, hungry for emails from people.  From all five of you.  And thankfully there were a few instant buzzes to save me from my stress spiral.  Yes, mostly they were from that lovely Postmaster telling me there had been a mail delivery error.  And, yes, I was wildly relieved that at least those people wouldn't come here and witness this debacle-in-the-making.  But a few real emails came.  And they were nice. And I felt a little bit better.  A little bit.

Why the near-crippling anxiety?  Because I am putting myself out there.  Because I have a mild allergy to the self-promotion thing.  As my little sis said, I better get used to it if I am going to try to do the author thing.  Guess I better re-grow that thick skin I had as an associate at the law firm.  

Guess I better keep that wine fridge stocked.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself posting my personal thoughts about my insecurities and then after a day or so taking them down cause it feels too naked.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. What do you think? Be honest. Be bold. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me about that typo. Tell me I'm splendid. Or tell me I'm spoiled. But if you want your comment to be seen, keep it clean.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter