What's This All About?

Check out The ABC's of Insecurity and learn more.

What's so great about the Ivy League anyway?

Friday, April 24, 2009

The Happy Headache Begins

"Every act of creation is first of all an act of destruction." Pablo Picasso

After a lovely almost-two-year-waiting-game, work officially began yesterday on our new place! Last night, Husband and I waded through the devastation depicted here, giddy with excitement that this is actually happening.  Now everyone I know who has weathered a gut renovation has some sordid saga to tell me -- of blown budgets and improperly-installed tiles and last-minute leaks. And everyone seems to agree on one point: this process, however smoothly it proceeds, will entail a constant stream of headaches.  And, yes, they are probably right.  But sitting here, buzzed by morning coffee, I look at this picture -- the storm before the calm -- and smile.  

For those of you who know better, please allow me my delusions for a few minutes. And check back every Friday morning for an update on the Happy Headache!

1 comment:

  1. ATL brought me to your blog and, while I am not a mother, I am about to go through the home building / renovation process as well. I am excited too!!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. What do you think? Be honest. Be bold. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me about that typo. Tell me I'm splendid. Or tell me I'm spoiled. But if you want your comment to be seen, keep it clean.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter