What's This All About?

Check out The ABC's of Insecurity and learn more.

What's so great about the Ivy League anyway?

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Living On The Edge

My little sister and a number of my very good friends are pregnant with their first babies.  And each of them has asked me the same question: How is your life different now that you have kids?  As any parent knows, this is a ridiculous question because quite frankly the whole world changes when you have a baby.  But, that aside, two very practical things occurred to me.  Since I gave birth to my first child, (1) I never sleep past 7:30am; and (2) I never wear heels.  And these aren't minor things.  I used to sleep until 11am on weekends and less than four years ago, that very nice lady from California Closets built me a whole bunch of little cubby-like shelves for all of my heels.  Heels which I never ever wear.

Until tonight.  Tonight, I am attending the big Dalton benefit.  My beloved alma mater is turning ninety-years-old and I figured why not live on the edge and channel my High School heel-wearing self? I will let you know how it goes. And, no, sadly I will not be able to sleep past 7:30 (who are we kidding? 6:30).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. What do you think? Be honest. Be bold. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me about that typo. Tell me I'm splendid. Or tell me I'm spoiled. But if you want your comment to be seen, keep it clean.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter